Re: 21.2 C-g problems on HP-UX-B.10.20, 11.11, Solaris 5.7 and 5.8

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 21.2 C-g problems on HP-UX-B.10.20, 11.11, Solaris 5.7 and 5.8
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:53:45 -0600 (MDT)

It is definitely good to make interrupt input work and avoid the need
for polling.  Did you test it with -nw as well as talking to X?
Those modes work differently so it is important to test both.

    Thus I made sure that FASYNC is defined (from /usr/include/sys/file.h) by
    adding to sysdep.c (seems that there's no define for SOLARIS2_5)
    #ifdef SOLARIS2_4
    #include <sys/file.h>
    #endif

Other files include sys/file.h unconditionally; I'd rather
handle this file like the others and avoid the conditional.

If it works, please send the patch that you recommend.

    Still I think that the problem why C-g doesn't work with polling instead
    of SIGIO may need further investigation.

It would be useful to fix that too if you can.