Re: *Occur in buf*?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: *Occur in buf*?
Date: 28 Jul 2002 02:15:01 +0200

>     IWBNI M-x occur created an *Occur in buf* buffer so that I wouldn't have
>     to do this, rather than *Occur*.
>
> I think that for most users this would create unnecessary clutter.
> Perhaps it is best if you simply do this as a customization.

Alternatively, always name the buffer *Occur*, but provide a occur-save-buffer
command (bound to `s') which renames the buffer to *Occur: buffer*; then the
user can easily save precious occur buffers on a needed basis.

The same could be done for *Help* buffers where it would sometimes be very
useful to keep multiple help buffer around, e.g. *Help: save-buffer* and
*Help: bury-buffer*.