scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:12:57 -0600 (MDT)

scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll has no doc string; it needs one.  More
importantly, I am concerned about what it does.  It is not
compatible with the non-toolkit scroll commands.  What model
was it designed to be compatible with?

I also wonder if it is being triggered at the proper time.
Is it supposed to let you drag the handle?  To do that properly,
it has to be activated on the down event, but that does not seem
to be the case.  I can't really understand the comment in keyboard.c
around line 5188; maybe it says that Emacs does not get a down event,
or maybe only that Emacs can't distinguish down from up.  Which is it?