Re: customize

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: customize
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:42:44 +0200

Edward Welbourne <address@hidden> writes:

> neat.  However, new customizations will always go at the end of the
> file: if I want some elisp to be run after *everything* that customize
> controls (e.g. if I want it to be the last thing my ~/.emacs does),
> I'm going to have to move that elisp each time I customize anything
> new ... *unless* I keep the things customize controls in a separate
> file and have ~/.emacs run my elisp after loading that custom-file.

No.  Customize just adds two statements, custom-set-variable and
custom-set-faces.  Once they are in .emacs, they stay put.  So you
move them to the beginning of the file, and there they stay.

Or is it not working that way for you?  If this is really the case,
then something strange must be going on and you should provide a
recipe to describe what happens.

kai