New Tramp 2.0.5 with base64/uuencode autodetection installed

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: New Tramp 2.0.5 with base64/uuencode autodetection installed
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:32:17 +0200

I think the most user-visible change is that the list of available
methods has changed due to the autodetection.  Instead of the old `sm'
and `su' methods, there is now just one `ssh' method.  See the
variable `tramp-methods' for the gory details.

The second-most user-visible change is probably that you can now
configure Tramp to answer questions from the remote shell.  Some
people were invoking `tset' from their shell init files which asked
them for the terminal type, but Tramp didn't know what to do with this
question.  Tramp still doesn't know, but now you can teach it ;-)
But Tramp can answer the `unknown host key' question from ssh.

I haven't documented this change properly, yet, but I will do so in
the coming days.

Now it is becoming more obvious that the single-hop and multi-hop
methods should be integrated as well, as the current distinction leads
to code duplication.  But that is a major job, so it might take time.

kai