Problem with redisplay with latest CVS Emacs

From: Krishnakumar B
Subject: Problem with redisplay with latest CVS Emacs
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 13:52:48 -0500

Hi,

When I try to scroll down by pressing C-n till I reach the end of the
page, I get garbage on the screen. It is reproducable every time. It
happens as soon as I go one line past the last line in a window full of
text. I can also reproduce it when moving down using C-v. In this case I
need to keep pressing C-v till I get to the end of the file. Emacs
displays garbage for the last page of any buffer. If I press C-v again, I
get the ding for End of Buffer and normal display is restored.

What I mean by garbage is this:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~kitty/emacs-redisplay-bug.png

Is it a known problem ? Any workarounds ? I don't get it in GNU Emacs 21.2.
I am currently using CVS:

GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2002-08-04 on samba

checked out at 1200 CST.

-kitty

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at cs dot wustl dot edu>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Washington University in St.Louis