Scroll - Display bug

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Scroll - Display bug
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 05:41:32 UT

Hi,
  I am on W2k using the Emacs from CVS (21.3.50 - MinGW Build). I am
  noticing a bug in the buffer display when it scrolls. When I use the
  Arrow key/Page Up key to scroll back (NOT downwards), the display of
  text gets garbbled. The contents at the cursor location is
  mysteriously shifted (copy) to the top of the visible part of the
  buffer. The lines under the cursor position are copied at the end of
  lines of the top part of buffer. After a decent interval of time,
  when the buffer update happens next (on my machine, it was 30secs of
  idle) or when some other event triggers the buffer update, things are
  normal. I have a JPG image saved. It is 150Kb size. If some one needs
  it, I can send it across.
In the mean time, I will test it with no user customization. Since this
is quite random, I need time. Also, if this problem occurs once, it is
repeatable in the buffer. A page up will garble it, a re-display will
correct it, again a page up will garble it.

with regards,
dhruva

PS: I might have sounded confusing. I know it is an art to clearly
express yourself. As a developer myself, I would find the description I
have given rather confusing. Let me know if you need more information
or if I can debug it myself further through MSDEV/GDB.
--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Home: http://www.geocities.com/gnued/