Re: Tramp Trips

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp Trips
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:34:23 +0200

Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:

> I thought the tramp takes care of ange-ftp path name.  Why does it
> complain about the name "/address@hidden:~/"?
>
> I am using the CVS head updated on Aug. 6th.
>
> -Tak
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Not a tramp file name:
> /address@hidden:~/")
>   signal(error ("Not a tramp file name: /address@hidden:~/"))
>   error("Not a tramp file name: %s" "/address@hidden:~/")

What's tramp-file-name-structure when this happens?  It should be:

/----
| tramp-file-name-structure's value is

("\\`/\\(\\([a-zA-Z0-9-]+\\):\\)?\\(\\([^:@/]+\\)@\\)?\\([^:/]+\\):\\(.*\\)\\'"
2 4 5 6)

| *List of five elements (REGEXP METHOD USER HOST FILE), detailing the tramp
file name structure.

| The first element REGEXP is a regular expression matching a tramp file
| name.  The regex should contain parentheses around the method name,
| the user name, the host name, and the file name parts.
|
| The second element METHOD is a number, saying which pair of
| parentheses matches the method name.  The third element USER is
| similar, but for the user name.  The fourth element HOST is similar,
| but for the host name.  The fifth element FILE is for the file name.
| These numbers are passed directly to `match-string', which see.  That
| means the opening parentheses are counted to identify the pair.
|
| See also `tramp-file-name-regexp' and `tramp-make-tramp-file-format'.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `tramp'.
\----

What happens when you eval the following Lisp expression?  (The
second line shows the result when I do it.)

(tramp-dissect-file-name "/address@hidden:~/")
[cl-struct-tramp-file-name nil "sm" "ota" "xenon" "~/"]

The "sm" is wrong.  I think it's due to our broken local config.  It
should be "ssh".

kai