Re: no confirmation that email sent when setting coding system

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: no confirmation that email sent when setting coding system
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:24:14 -0600 (MDT)

    Sometimes (as with two recent bug reports to Kai), Mail mode asks me
    which coding system to use (I have been choosing the default it
    offers, which in this case has been utf-8).

    After I choose the coding sytem, Emacs pops back the mail buffer,
    marked as changed (i.e., ** in the mode line), whereas the usual

Can you come up with a test case for this problem?
Handa, once you can reproduce it, could you investigate?