Re: Tramp Trips

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: Tramp Trips
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:04:58 -0700 (PDT)

Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:34:23 +0200: address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) wrote:

> What's tramp-file-name-structure when this happens?  It should be:
>
> /----
> | tramp-file-name-structure's value is
> |
> ("\\`/\\(\\([a-zA-Z0-9-]+\\):\\)?\\(\\([^:@/]+\\)@\\)?\\([^:/]+\\):\\(.*\\)\\'"
>  2 4 5 6)
> |

> | *List of five elements (REGEXP METHOD USER HOST FILE), detailing the tramp
> file name structure.
> |
> | The first element REGEXP is a regular expression matching a tramp file
> | name.  The regex should contain parentheses around the method name,
> | the user name, the host name, and the file name parts.
> |
> | The second element METHOD is a number, saying which pair of
> | parentheses matches the method name.  The third element USER is
> | similar, but for the user name.  The fourth element HOST is similar,
> | but for the host name.  The fifth element FILE is for the file name.
> | These numbers are passed directly to `match-string', which see.  That
> | means the opening parentheses are counted to identify the pair.
> |
> | See also `tramp-file-name-regexp' and `tramp-make-tramp-file-format'.
> |
> | You can customize this variable.
> |
> | Defined in `tramp'.
> \----

This is what I get.  It looks slightly different from yours.

  tramp-file-name-structure's value is

("\\`/r\\(@\\([a-z0-9]+\\)\\)?:\\(\\([-a-z0-9_#]+\\)@\\)?\\([-a-z0-9.]+\\):\\(.*\\)\\'"
[...]

M-x tramp-version returns this.

"$Id: tramp.el,v 2.0.2.3 2001/03/28 21:44:30 grossjoh Exp $"

> What happens when you eval the following Lisp expression?  (The
> second line shows the result when I do it.)
>
> (tramp-dissect-file-name "/address@hidden:~/")
> [cl-struct-tramp-file-name nil "sm" "ota" "xenon" "~/"]
>
> The "sm" is wrong.  I think it's due to our broken local config.  It
> should be "ssh".

It ends up with the same error as this.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Not a tramp file name:
/address@hidden:~/")
  signal(error ("Not a tramp file name: /address@hidden:~/"))
  error("Not a tramp file name: %s" "/address@hidden:~/")
  (if (string-match (nth 0 tramp-file-name-structure) name) nil (error "Not a
tramp file name: %s" name))
  (unless (string-match (nth 0 tramp-file-name-structure) name) (error "Not a
tramp file name: %s" name))
  (progn (unless (string-match ... name) (error "Not a tramp file name: %s"
name)) (setq method (or ... tramp-default-method)) (if (member method
tramp-multi-methods) (tramp-dissect-multi-file-name name) (make-tramp-file-name
:multi-method nil :method method :user ... :host ... :path ...)))
  (unwind-protect (progn (unless ... ...) (setq method ...) (if ... ... ...))
(set-match-data save-match-data-internal))
  (let ((save-match-data-internal ...)) (unwind-protect (progn ... ... ...)
(set-match-data save-match-data-internal)))
  (save-match-data (unless (string-match ... name) (error "Not a tramp file
name: %s" name)) (setq method (or ... tramp-default-method)) (if (member method
tramp-multi-methods) (tramp-dissect-multi-file-name name) (make-tramp-file-name
:multi-method nil :method method :user ... :host ... :path ...)))
  (let (method) (save-match-data (unless ... ...) (setq method ...) (if ... ...
...)))
  tramp-dissect-file-name("/address@hidden:~/")