Re: Emacs Lisp and Guile

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp and Guile
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:01:33 +0200

Noah Friedman <address@hidden> writes:

> What exactly is anyone gaining by this?  Could someone explain to me why
> effort should be expended on it at all?

I like the approch take by pymac -- those who want to write extensions
in Python can now do this without patching Emacs.  Emacs communicates
with an external process to do it.  Would such a solution -- perhaps
with even better integration into Emacs not involve the least amount
of work and a useful subset of features.  Writing Emacs extensions in
such languages will be not be like writing native programs, because
communication with Emacs has to be cared about, but at least it is a
starting point.

Alex.
--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html