Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:58:11 +0200

>     I don't suggest a feature freeze right here and now, but I think it's
>     time to think about it.  A list of "things still to be included" would
>     be a first start, so that when those things are all included
>     we can freeze.
>
> Could people who are working on things that might be desirale to
> include soon please speak up and identify those changes?

I didn't follow this thread closely so I'm not sure if it applies to
21.3 or 21.4, but I've been trying to track down papers for a SASL
package so it eventually could be considered for inclusion in Emacs.

The package allows better network authentication for IMAP (in Gnus),
SMTP (e.g., smtpmail.el) and third party packages (my Sieve package
for instance).

It should obviously not go into 21.3, but if 21.4 is freezed soonish I
think it would be nice to include it.

Should I send a patch?  I have not verified all paperwork yet though.