Re: IRC client for Emacs

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: IRC client for Emacs
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:47:53 +0200

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> I have been a fairly active user of both at one time, and they each
> have strengths and weaknesses.  ERC tends to be a little simpler to
> setup and use, but zenirc is much more extensible.  Personally, I
> would like to see them merged someday.

I realized that this has happened in the past.  It seems that Mario
got inspiration for the localization stuff and event-handling from
ZenIRC, so I just sent out a mail to the ZenIRC dev list to see wether
they would sign papers.

I am not sure wether "drawing inspiration" has legal implications -- I
would hope not! -- but better safe than sorry.

Alex.
--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/US-Israel/hr2506c.html