Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:46:34 -0600 (MDT)

    The package allows better network authentication for IMAP (in Gnus),
    SMTP (e.g., smtpmail.el) and third party packages (my Sieve package
    for instance).

Would this perhaps replace some existing Emacs packages?

    It should obviously not go into 21.3, but if 21.4 is freezed soonish I
    think it would be nice to include it.

It is not too late.

    Should I send a patch?  I have not verified all paperwork yet though.

Do you think that package is cleanly written?  That is the main thing
we need to check, and it is fine if you check it for us first.