Re: Why do we spend time on Emacs on Guile?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Why do we spend time on Emacs on Guile?
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 00:46:00 +0200 (CEST)

>    Have you ever programmed in Guile/Scheme ?  How much?
>
> check out http://www.glug.org/maint/ for ongoing travails...  also
> relevant to this list would be a google search for "gap-buffer.scm"
> and in the same directory edit.scm.  see gpgutils.scm for example
> usage of edit.scm (warning: not suitable for either scheme or elisp
> purists ;-).

LilyPond, a music typesetting program (www.lilypond.org), uses Guile.
While following the development of LilyPond I see that Guile itself
isn't a stable target yet: It simply happens too often that the
authors of LilyPond have to add some glue code to make it work with
different versions of Guile.

   Werner