Weird problem with mouse-autoselect-window

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Weird problem with mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:15:47 -0400

I'm having a weird problem with mouse-autoselect-window and was
wondering if other people had seen it.

If I have Gnus open with a summery and article buffer, and start with
the summary buffer selected, then move the mouse over the article
buffer, the first key I hit will be interpreted as if it were in the
summary buffer.  In other words, if I hit "h" after moving the mouse
over the article buffer, it will run the command defined for h in the
summary buffer, gnus-summary-select-article-buffer.

Hmmm... I see the same thing whenever I have two windows open in the
same frame with different modes.  Here's a reproducible case:

emacs -q --no-site-file
C-h v mouse-autoselect-window RET
Click on customize this variable
Toggle the value on.
Set for current session.
Move mouse over *Help* window.
Hit TAB.

You should see "No buttons or fields found".

This is on a Linux box under X, btw.  Anyone see this or have an idea
how I could track it down?  It looks like we're not updating the
current keymap or something, but I don't know where that's set.

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
Justice is truth in action.