Re: tramp again

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp again
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:55:53 +0200

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

> However, the following:
>
>     (find-file
>      "/multi:ssh:address@hidden:ssh:address@hidden:/home/bob" nil)
>
> `worked but with a problem':  tramp visited both both a multi-hop
> remote file that I did not seek, which is this one:
>
>     /multi:ssh:address@hidden:ssh:address@hidden:/home/bob/.alias
>
> and the directory that I did seek, namely:
>
>     /multi:ssh:address@hidden:ssh:address@hidden:/home/bob/

Fascinating.  I have never heard of this behavior.

What does the following eval to?

(file-expand-wildcards "/multi:ssh:address@hidden:ssh:address@hidden:/home/bob")

It would also be interesting to see the corresponding part of the
*debug tramp/foo* buffer.

I tried to reproduce your problem with

C-x C-f /multi:ssh:address@hidden:ssh:address@hidden:~/ RET

but I could reproduce it.  I just got a directory listing of my home
dir on that host, but no additional file.  The variable
find-file-wildcards is t in my Emacs.

kai