Re: Redisplay bug

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Redisplay bug
Date: 22 Aug 2002 21:10:48 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> > I keep meaning to work on debugging this, but keep being too busy.
> > I would be really grateful if you would try it.  It surely relates
> > to one of the places I changed a call to make_cursor_line_fully_visible.
> > The first question is, which one?
>
> Ok, I'll look into this over the next week or so.

I've spent quite some time trying to track this bugger down....

I found a specific part of Richard's change to xdisp.c which seems
to cause the redisplay problem, so I have reverted that change.

But now the redisplay again has a habit of leaving the cursor on
partially visible lines at the top or bottom of the window (which
I believe is what Richard tried to fix).

IMO, a partially visible line is preferable to a messed up display,
but someone should work on finding the proper fix for this.

See my comments in the xdisp.c source if you like to do that...