Re: keymap in yank-excluded-properties

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: keymap in yank-excluded-properties
Date: 23 Aug 2002 10:55:47 +0900

Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:
> Is it generally a good idea not to copy keymap text property?

Yes

> If majority of you agree that yank normally should not copy keymap
> property, is the following modification to the function
> `remove-yank-excluded-properties' acceptable?  The idea is if a
> special text property `yank-preserve-all-properties' exists in the
> region and its value is non-nil then yank will not strip any text
> properties off.

I think a better question is `Should tables (and more importantly,
_parts_ of tables) really remain "active" after yanking?'.  It sounds
rather annoying to me for the same reason that yanked keymap properties
usually are.

[BTW, if it's decided that this _is_ a good feature, please call the
property something like `yank-preserved-properties' (actually I'm rather
fond of `yankable-properties') and make it a list of property names or t.]

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.