Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:51:32 -0400

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> So what about making the global-mode-string appear to the right in the
> echo area when it is not in use for other purposes?

That might be nice.  I think I like it.  That would also let it
expand to the full width of the echo area when needed, without
bashing things off the mode-line as it used to do.

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
Sits he on ever so high a throne, a man still sits on his bottom.