Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: 28 Aug 2002 10:12:34 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > I.e. I have to hit 4 keys to type C-x (, type the macro, then hit 4
> > keys to type C-x ), and finally 3 keys to type C-x e for every call of
> > the macro.
>
> Sure.  So you bound them to some of the user-reserved function keys.
> Great for you.  Don't force it down everybody's throat.

Yeah, I think this sums it up.  Everybody has their favorite customizations,
but please think a little harder before pushing to make them the default.

Maybe some people use keyboard macros very frequently, but I think most use
them just sometimes, and reserving two keys from an extremely limited set is
too much.  As those two keys are rather hard to remember, it's likely that
this change won't help the occasional macro-user _at all_.

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.