Re: callint.c:506

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: callint.c:506
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:43:19 -0400

> Ideas right now are:
> 1. Call the Lisp function when processing string interactive forms.
> I dont know what this would mean in terms of performance, but
> it would solve the above "problem".

The performance impact is completely negligible since it's
only for interactive calls anyway.

That just reminds me that while thinking of what it would take
to move all or part of the read-eval-loop to Elisp, I thought that
we could use a `interactive-code-alist' which could hold
things like

        '((?d . (lambda (prompt) (list (point))))
          (?r . (lambda (prompt) (list (region-beginning) (region-end))))
          (?f . (lambda (prompt) (list (read-file-name prompt))))
          ...)

I remember I had another application for it at some point, but I can't
think of it right now.

        Stefan