Re: Several serious problems

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Several serious problems
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 02:09:12 -0400

    And since RC is "only bug-fixes" it's important that we don't make
    any change outside of ucs-tables.el except for bug-fixes, so
    we can't just change the safe-charsets property.

I don't follow the logic here.  Why can't we just change the
safe-charsets property?  Is there some obstacle to doing that?  Do you
think other things would fail to work if we did?  Are other changes
are needed as well to make it work?

    Unless RMS accepts to make changes to utf-8.el which are not
    bug-fixes but improvements to the utf-8 support.

If we can't save latin-N characters as utf-8, that is a bug.
If the fix is safe and clear, we may as well install it in RC.