Re: Several serious problems

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Several serious problems
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 02:09:30 -0400

    Hmmm, I think I realized the situation of RC.  It can unify
    charsets between iso-8859-X, but utf-8 can't encode
    iso-8859-X (intentionally), correct?

    Richard, is it what you asked Dave to install for RC?

I can't remember after this much time has gone by.
Chances are I never knew about this specific issue
and that I did not say anything to him about it one way or another,
but I can't remember.

If you can make this case work with a clean and safe change,
please do.