Re: Cursor in Splash Screen bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Cursor in Splash Screen bug
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:18:31 -0400

    * there is a new alternate-cursor-type (similar to cursor-type) which
      you can (buffer local) set to get the blink off cursor type.

What use is this feature?  I don't think we should have it unless
there is a specific reason for it.

    * blink-cursor-alist is now consulted also if you set buffer-local
      variable cursor-type different from nil and t.

Wasn't that already so?  If not, I guess you fixed a simple bug.

    * cursor-in-non-selected-windows can now be set to a specific cursor
      type.

That seems ok.