table.el is a minor mode

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: table.el is a minor mode
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 06:44:26 -0400 (EDT)

The new table.el should become a new kind of minor mode, a
`context-dependent minor mode'.

This categorization will enables someone to proceed from what he or
she already knows to a new concept:  from knowledge of modes in
general to the concept of keys that work only in a specific context,
not throughout a buffer.

This will help people learn to handle, remember, and think about the
new feature.

[At the moment I am traveling and about 4,000 email messages behind;
my apologies if table.el has already been defined at a
context-dependent minor mode.  My discovery is that when I started to
think about table.el again after not thinking about it for a while, I
realized I was conceptualizing table.el as a context-dependent minor
mode.]

--
    Robert J. Chassell            address@hidden  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises       http://www.rattlesnake.com