Build Failure 21.3.50

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Build Failure 21.3.50
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:24:52 UT

Hi,
 Building emacs (21.3.5) on W2K with gcc (MinGW32) tools fails.
I have the latest source from the CVS. When I do a "gmake bootstrap",
it fails with the following output (last few lines at error). I also
tried the same with MSVC++ 6.0 and it fails too (Just to make sure).

with regards,
dk

Generating autoloads for language/ind-util.el...
Generating autoloads for language/ind-util.el...done
Generating autoloads for net/tramp.el...
Generating autoloads for net/tramp.el...done
Generating autoloads for progmodes/idlwave-shell.el...
Generating autoloads for progmodes/idlwave-shell.el...done
Generating autoloads for textmodes/po.el...
Generating autoloads for textmodes/po.el...done
Generating autoloads for textmodes/table.el...
Generating autoloads for textmodes/table.el...done
Saving file d:/tmp/emacs/emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el...
Symbol's function definition is void: locate-library
[1] + Done(134) ?
  1720  Abort   ./../bin/emacs.exe
gmake[1]: *** [autoloads] Error 134
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `D:/tmp/emacs/emacs/lisp'
gmake: *** [bootstrap-gmake] Error 2

PS: I am still not in a position to help in fixing or providing more
specific bug locations, I am in the process of learning emacs code. The
best I can do is build on a regular basis and test it. I hope to one
day start contributing myself.
--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Home: http://www.geocities.com/gnued/