Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:58:17 -0300

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 07:15:56 +0200 (IST)
Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is this really directly related to the actual problem?  What I see in the
> example is that writes to the screen are out of order;

Ahem, what you see is that in one case every string output by the echo
goes to the file, while in the second case only the first string goes to
the file; the others go directly to the standard output. So redirection
is working differently when the command executed in each "for" iteration
is an "if" and when it isn't (unless I'm understanding erroneously what
"for" and "if" should do...).

> how does this
> explain the problem with the build which I thought was caused by the list
> of files beaing shorter than it should have been?

In the makefile the command is almost exactly like the one in this
example, with the same effect: only the first directory goes to
subdirs.el, the others are just output to the screen.

--
Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>