Re: regex and case-fold-search problem

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: regex and case-fold-search problem
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 12:58:40 -0400

>     >     > It is wrong even for ASCII
>     >     Do you have any evidence to support that claim ?
>     > You yourself said it would match characters which
>     > were not case-equivalent to something in the originally specified range.
>
>     When was it ?  I'd guess that was before I installed my patch.
>
> src/ChangeLog does not list any recent changes in regex.c.
> Did you install a change and fail to put it in ChangeLog?

2002-08-23  Stefan Monnier  <address@hidden>

        * regex.c (PATFETCH): Remove the translating fetch.
        (PATFETCH_RAW): Rename to PATFETCH.
        (set_image_of_range): New fun.
        (SET_RANGE_TABLE_WORK_AREA): Use it.
        (regex_compile): Don't translate the pattern chars so eagerly.
        Only do it when inserting an `exactn' bytecode or when handling
        a char-range.
        (mutually_exclusive_p): Avoid empty statement.

> Anyway, the change you sent seemed to have the problem of including
> excess characters in ASCII ranges.

No, only in non-ASCII chars.  The excess is introduced in set_image_of_range
which is only used for non-ASCII chars.

        Stefan