Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 19:29:51 -0400

>    There was no mail-mode-abbrev-table at all at that point.
> Of course not, but the point is that mailabbrev.el claimed there was
> one.  That is exactly what I believed confused users.

No, there *really* wasn't one (that was before Emacs-21.1, it's
those complaints that lead me to use define-derived-mode so as
to provide (as a side-effect) a separate abbrev-table.  This was
improperly undone later by adding the (setq l-a-t t-m-a-t)).

Before my latest patch, there definitely was a mail-mode-abbrev-table.
It just wasn't used, but it was definitely there.

        Stefan