Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: David A. Cobb
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:04:07 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

   > Do people think we should remove the F2 bindings?  We could provide
   > commands on F2 and F3 that resemble simple text editors.

There seems to be disagreement about whether there is any uniformity
among widely used text editors in their use of F2 and F3.  If there
is no uniformity, it is not clear what convention we could usefully
follow in Emacs.

Certainlly no unanimity. In the M$ world, [F3] seems most often related to "Find" (Search).

How about the CUA spec/guideline/whatever-it-is?  Any help there.