Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:36:56 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   > I was under the assumption that all of these obvious things are clear
   > to Stefan, as well, and that, unless explicitly mentioned, he was
   > proposing to implement the desired behavior.  (I'd have expected

   Yes, except that I'm not offering to implement it ;-)

           Stefan

I have only one single problem with abbrev inheritance and it is right
above.  There is work to be done.  It would have to be done reasonably
quickly, because the current copying system is badly broken.  I am
actually even more worried about all the "obvious things" than about the
basic problem itself.  Whenever one thinks one has taken care of all
"obvious things" one notices another one that should have been obvious
but that one forgot about anyway.  And then yet another...

Stefan is not volunteering.  I definitely am not either.

Sincerely,

Luc.