Re: patch to emacsbug.el proposed..

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: patch to emacsbug.el proposed..
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:46:55 -0400

    I don't think just moving some inline code into separate function really
    deserves the term `complexity'; it probably even makes the code more
    clear.  Even if only one person ever uses the new function by itself,
    why not do it?

If we encourage him to expect this function to continue to work, in
effect it is part of the specs of Emacs.  I do not think it is worth
adding one function to the specs of Emacs for this.

Breaking this subroutine out of the code might be ok if it makes the
code clearer.  But if it is a subroutine, people should not expect it
to continue to exist next month.  Perhaps we will find a better way to
subroutinize the code.