Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:47:37 -0400

    I believe maintenance will be much harder with one variable that tries
    to do everything, rather than two variables with clearly identified
    purposes.

Would someone please explain concisely and clearly what these two
alternatives really mean?  In the "two variables" alternative,
what are the two variables, and what information do they record?

People have also proposed the idea of using two keymaps for each one
that we have now.  I am definitely going to reject that idea.
However, having additional variables might be ok, depending
on the details of what they are used for.