Re: Error in emacs/emacs/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Error in emacs/emacs/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:13:39 +0200 (IST)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Harig, Mark A. wrote:

> (Would you prefer that this type of bug-report be sent
> to 'address@hidden'?)

Since this is about the CVS version of Emacs, bug reports should be sent
to address@hidden  ("M-x report-emacs-bug RET" will do that
automatically for you.)

> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lispintro/emacs-lisp
> -intro.texi
>
> emacs-lisp-intro.texi, revision 1.17 has the following at line 3:
>
>    @setfilename ../info/eintr
>
> This causes the generated emacs-lisp-intro.info file to contain the
> lines:
>
> * Emacs Lisp Intro: (eintr).
>             A simple introduction to Emacs Lisp programming.
>
> This appears to be an error.  Because the .info file is named
> 'emacs-lisp-intro', it should not reference the file 'eintr'
> in the Info 'dir' file.  Instead, the '@setfilename' line should
> refer to 'emacs-lisp-intro'.

No, this is not a bug.  I'm guessing that you invoked makeinfo manually
to produce the Info output, and used the --output option to tell makeinfo
the name of the output file.  In the Emacs sources, lispintro/Makefile.in
takes care of putting the output into info/eintr, so that the menu item
in the top-level DIR menu works.