Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode
Date: 06 Sep 2002 11:31:59 +0900

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:
> Even if mail-mode had a separate abbrev-table from text-mode, it would
> seem that I would like the vast majority the local abbrevs I defined
> in mail-mode to expand in text-mode too and hence the
> text-mode-abbrev-table would actually be a more logical default for
> C-x a l than the mail-mode abbrev-table.

Perhaps that's true for you (though your example actually seems to
contradict your conclusion!), but I suspect it's not for most people.
Mail messages are a fairly specialized subset of text in general.

In the end, it comes down to `your mileage may vary'; different people
will have different preferences, but we've got to pick one or the other
for the default.

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.