Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:52:13 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Hence I have a hard time seeing why mail-mode should have its own
> abbrev table.

This requires some thinking, I agree.

> I also have a hard time seeing why the most local abbrev table would
> be such an obvious default for C-x a (i) l.

I think that's the current behavior, isn't it?  At any point, there
are just two tables, the global and the local one, and C-x a l adds
to the latter.  Also, the local table corresponds to what will be the
"most local" table in the future.

So being backwards-compatible is a safe bet for a first approximation,
and then we can still think about what's a good default.

kai