Re: Find-grep (directory): /etc/cron* can't even by typed in

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Find-grep (directory): /etc/cron* can't even by typed in
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 08:54:38 -0400

    Do M-x find-grep and try to enter this:
    Find-grep (directory): /etc/cron*
    It won't even let you type it in because of '[no match]'

I think that is correct.  It needs an existing directory's name.

    By the way, I used the mouse to cut and paste the above minibuffer
    line, and even in this message-mode buffer as I type, C-a, C-k
    etc. commands still act weirdly on it.

We've fixed that for the next non-bugfix-release.