Re: VC and select-safe-coding-system

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: VC and select-safe-coding-system
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 20:22:08 -0400

    I've been told that on a file under VC control, a user abort in
    select-safe-coding-system can lose data.  A few days ago, I asked on
    this list whether anyone could tell me the precise circumstances when
    this happens.  I got no reply.

I have seen this happen, too.  What happened, I think,
is that the file had already been renamed to a backup file.
So there was no longer any file with the visited name.

To see this problem, I think you need to set vc-make-backup-files to t.