Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 20:36:02 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

   However, the variable local-abbrev-table would be complemented with a
   variable local-abbrev-table-list.

If we would decide to go for a solution of the type I described, then
maybe the documentation string for this variable could contain a
statement that it is meant to be a user feature and is not meant for
use by major modes.  I believe that if we would decide to implement
multiple local abbrev tables, then it is important that nobody who
does not care about the functionality winds up having to struggle with
its complexities anyway.

Sincerely,

Luc.