Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 19:34:03 -0400

    > But what's does it mean to delete a key binding?

    Right now, I think we can assume it's "defined" by the definition
    of global-unset-key (which indeed binds the key to nil).

    > Or should it restore a default key binding from bindings.el ?

I am afraid that the confusion I tried to clear up last weekend
is striking again.  We need to distinguish between

(1) deleting a key binding customization, and
(2) deleting a binding in a keymap.

Telling Custom that you want to do delete a global binding (if we
provide a way to do this) is actually adding a customization.
Deleting a customization is (1); it may or may not be (2).