Re: Customizing key bindings (was: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Customizing key bindings (was: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:04:54 -0400

    I don't quite understand the reason for this.  Can you explain?

The reason is so that C-M-x on a defvar will reinitialize the
variable.  But it doesn't really matter--the point is that we want
to generate a defvar.

                                                                     And
    what is the important part -- that (defkeymap ...) expand into (progn
    (defvar ...) (custom-declare-keymap ...))?

Yes, exactly.