Re: Display bug with partly visible lines

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Display bug with partly visible lines
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:25:37 +0200

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:36:38 -0400, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> People said that the display bug with partly visible lines
> was still happening, but I still cannot observe it.

The bug is now corrected, at the expense of ignoring
`scroll-conservatively'.

What I mean is that, setting a big value for `scroll-conservatively':

 - If there are no partial lines shown, moving the cursor down scrolls
line by line, as intended.

 - If there are partial lines (as happens to me after M-x ruler-mode),
moving the cursor down recenters the cursor to the middle of the window
every time it reaches the last fully-visible line.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u