Re: Bug in remote file save.

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: Bug in remote file save.
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:49:11 -0400

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> So my question is: Were you using (or had loaded) calc when this
> happened?

No, that machine doesn't have calc anywhere... it happens in Emacs
21.2 with emacs -q --no-site-file.  (I was too busy today to check
the backtrace with CVS, sorry.)  I'll look into it some more....

When this happens, you don't even see the first prompt.  It shouldn't
beep until after it's given you a chance to answer a question... but
I don't see it.

If I edebug-defun, it shows the question, and I can confirm that
executing-kbd-macro is t.  Ah, there it is!  In 21.2,
ange-ftp-write-region binds executing-kbd-macro.  RMS fixed this in
July, but the patch hasn't made its way to the RC branch.

2002-07-12  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>

        * net/ange-ftp.el (ange-ftp-write-region):
        Don't bind executing-kbd-macro; instead, pass non-nil VISIT arg
        to ange-ftp-real-write-region.

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
She was only the undertaker's daughter, but any man cadaver.