Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:07:00 -0400

    Is this a recent change in install-info?

No.  In fact I think it was in your original code.

    Maybe the problem is because I am using Debian.

Sounds likely to me, since Debian does not use Texinfo's install-info,
as far as I know, but instead has its own completely separate program
called install-info.

    This could be a general rule--an item whose name equals the name of
    the section comes first in that section.

Makes sense.

Thanks,
karl