Re: [cvs] bug when using pc-selection-mode/transient-mark-mode

From: Karl Chen
Subject: Re: [cvs] bug when using pc-selection-mode/transient-mark-mode
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

So I added your debugging suggestion but before I could use it, by luck I
discovered what was causing this mark dactivation bug.

It happens whenever I copy or paste text. `interprogram-cut-function' is
x-select-text, which calls x-set-selection, which calls
x-own-selection-internal.

Summary of how to reproduce this bug:
M-x pc-selection-mode
M-: (x-own-selection-internal 'PRIMARY "quack")
C-x C-f bigfile
hold down S-down.

Without the x-own-selection-internal, the selection would be from the
start of the file to whatever line you were on. After any clipboard copy
operation, the selection will at random times get deactivated and the
selection won't be ever more than a couple lines.

I don't see at all what could cause this behavior in xselect.c, nor do I
see any relevant changes recently in xselect.c. I'll check out old
snapshots of emacs to see if they have this behavior.

--
Karl Chen / address@hidden