Re: gamegrid.el and some games

From: rms
Subject: Re: gamegrid.el and some games
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:20:33 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>> There certainly WERE computers whose displays could only show black
>> and white.  Using X on those displays, it would be proper for
>> display-images-p to return t and the other two to return nil.
>
> ... and people certainly still use emacs on them; e.g., my former
> manager runs emacs on a B&W X terminal.
>
> Anyway, they may not be a very important case these days, but it seems
> sloppy to disregard them completely.
[...]

Reading the XPM spec I realize now that the XPM formats supports a way
to specify how the image should appear on a b/w- or a
grayscale-display respectively. I certainly want to enable this in my
conversion library. Does anybody know how I can setup my XFree 4 to
mono- or grayscale, so I can test this?

    -- Oliver

--
Oliver Scholz               Jour de la Raison de l'Année 210 de la Révolution
Taunusstr. 25               Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!