Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:07:27 -0500 (CDT)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   How many DIR files do you have on your INFOPATH on that system, and
   how many of those DIR files have the Texinfo section?

Transcript of an ielm run:

*** Welcome to IELM ***  Type (describe-mode) for help.
ELISP> (getenv "INFOPATH")
nil
ELISP> Info-directory-list
("/usr/local/info/" "/usr/local/share/info/" "/usr/info/" "/usr/share/info/"
"/usr/local/info/")

As you can see from this ielm run, my INFOPATH is nil.

The fist two identical sections occur in /usr/local/info/dir and
/usr/info/dir.  usr/local/info/ occurs twice in Info-directory-list,
but that does not seem to produce a third identical copy.  The third,
slightly different, version occurs in /usr/share/info/dir, which is a
symbolic link to etc/info-dir.  /usr/local/share/info is just an empty
directory.

All of this seems to explain my C-h i output.  I still do not
understand whether this is just a local problem with my own setup or a
problem with the Emacs CVS.

Sincerely,

Luc.