Keymap customization

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Keymap customization
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:23:37 +0200

Hi RMS and gang,

What is needed for the keymap customization support to be included in
Emacs?

Here are the open issues:

1. The defkeymap should generate a defvar.

2. The generation of new prefix keys is not supported.

3. We really should use a two-keymap solution in define-key.

Fixing #3 would also fix #2.

I am willing to solve #1 if that mean I can commit the code to the
Emacs CVS.  I'll also think about #2 then.

I believe #3 is the right thing, I'm not willing to do that work, but
I'll help anyone who volunteers.  But I don't think the current
suboptimal solution should be rejected if nobody volunteer to do #3.

The latest version is attached.

-- Per