Re: bug in ielm: patch. Related problem with end-of-line.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: bug in ielm: patch. Related problem with end-of-line.
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:55:16 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

   If point is at the beginning of a buffer, or after a character with a
   rear-nonsticky field property, different from the following
   character's field property, then I believe C-e should move point over
   the following field, regardless of whether the previous character's
   field property is `boundary'.  I checked that this actually was the
   behavior in emacs-21.2.90.  The problems I described do not occur in
   21.2.90.  So maybe it might be good to revert to the 21.2.90 behavior.

Actually my description of the emacs-21.2.90 behavior here and in some
subsequent messages was wrong.  The emacs-21.2.90 behavior of C-e with
respect to text-properties actually seems identical to the
emacs-21.3.50 behavior.  I was confused by the fact that in
emacs-21.3.50 comint used overlays instead of text properties.  That
seems to be why the described problem did not occur in 21.2.90, at
least not in comint buffers.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely,

Luc.